Argentina Corned Beef Canned Cuisine Chef Series # 1
A graduate of BS Fine major in Advertising at UST, but his passion is to cook. Learned is culinary arts and now currently teaching at University of Sto Tomas-Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management. Also a resident chef instructor at the Heny Sison Culinary School and a technical consultant of the Century Tuna Culinary Circle.
Farmer’s Lattice Omelet with Argentina Corned Beef Lattice Omelet:
3 large eggs-beaten
1/4 cup fresh milk
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of nutmeg
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
-asparagus spears, blanched in stock
1. Combine eggs with milk and whisk with a wire whisk until frothy
2. Season egg mixture with salt, pepper and nutmeg
3. Place egg mixture in a squeeze bottle
4. Heat oil and butter in a small non-stick saute pan. Drizzle the egg mixture to for a lattice pattern and cook until done
5. Carefully peel off egg lattice and wrap around corned beef mixture
Sauteed Corned Beef:
1/4 cup (60g) white onions, brunoise
2 clove garlic, mince
2-175g Argentina Corned Beef
Red wine for deglazing
1 tablespoon wasabe paste
fresh ground black peppercorns
1.Heat the oil in a saute pan and saute onion and garlic until aromatic
2.Stir in the corned beef and mix well. Deglaze with red wine and simmer for a few minutes.
3.Mix in the wasabe paste to the corned beef mixture and season with freshly ground black peppercorns.