Hello Kitty Cafe Truck – first Chicagoland appearance @hellokittycafe #hellokittycafe
Finally, the long wait is over. Hello Kitty Cafe Truck arrived last weekend (August 13 Saturday & August 14 Sunday) to offer super cute yummy Hello Kitty treats for Midwest. The truck made its first appearance at Hello Kitty convention in Los Angeles,California in 2014. Food and Merchandises were sold out – pink bow-shaped water bottle, cookies with HK design, four-pack mini cakes, macaroons, shirts and mugs. During those time, the line were crazy everywhere so we only had bought few times because the goodies were sold out quickly.
We were there as early as 7am-ish and line started I guess around 5am? We brought camping chairs so that we can wait comfortably. It was also our first time to visit Oakbrook Center, I was surprised that the place was huge and we kept looking for the location which was located near Argo Tea and Urban Outfitters.
A video posted by Misyel Coladilla (@daomisyel) on
The Hello Kitty Cafe truck arrived at past 8am and we were cheering & excited! We were 15th on the line waiting for the 10am opening and we started to take photos of the truck.
Too bad that they were not selling donuts. They did not announce clearly that it was only available in their pop-up built Hello Kitty Cafe in Irvine, California. The line moved fast as we reach the counter and decided to purchase one of everything they offer. I was joking that if we can also purchased their uniforms because it was tooo cute! We’re done buying our goods in less than 10 minutes. When we left the venue, we saw the huge amount of people lining up and I feel sorry for those who did not make it because I’ve read they were sold out before 5pm which is frustrating to some people who were there and they weren’t informed clearly that the stocks were depleting.
1. For event like this try to arrive early and sacrifice your time. You must arrive 3 hours before the opening.
2. Bring light snacks and water with you. Most stores were not open yet until 10am.
3. Bring umbrellas or folded seats with you so that you won’t get tired standing. Also don’t forget to wear sunscreen.
4. Ask colleagues/friends/family members to join you so that you can have bathroom breaks and save the line or ask them to buy something for you in case you arrive late.
Suggestions to Hello Kitty Cafe Truck team:
1. You should have a system in your inventory to notify people who were there that the stocks were about to sold out. Like a signage board/counter in front of your truck so that they would know earlier. Or a PA system announcing that only few merchandises were available so that they won’t be keep waiting too long.
2. Ordering Number system for those who are ordering bulk so that you can control your inventory. Like two separate lines: express and bulk – those ordering in bulk should order and paid in advance so that you can accommodate those who will buying single items.
3. Include activities for kids – This will keep them busy and enjoy their stay. Activities like coloring books, face painting or kiddie tattoos. I know this is a cafe’ truck but having those activities will make the little ones happy!
Anyways, We had a great time seeing Hello Kitty Cafe Truck in Illinois.
Hope they will come back.