Invitation to Philippine Toycon + Poplife FanXperience 2017
The much awaited Pinoy pop culture convention for all ages is finally happening on June 30 to July 2, 2017 at SMX Convention Center, SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City. After the success launch event in Uptown Mall BGC last weekend, Toycon Philippines celebrates its 16th year anniversary of pop culture, toys, comics, geek stuff, fangirling/fandomness, and the ultimate catch phrase combined “FanXperience” which means those who will witness the three day craziness are very lucky ones because not only they moved to a larger space (second time), Philippine Toycon is partnered with Pop Life Entertainment. If you are the chosen one, you’ll get a chance to meet and greet some International celebrities and personalities, inspired by their live talks plus you’ll also get an opportunity to unveil world class exhibits and score hard to find exclusives.
During the press launch, they announce the list of International celebrities that Filipino fans will get a chance to meet them upclose:
- Carla Perez – Rita Repulsa in the Power Rangers 90s TV Series
- Charlie Bewley – The Vampire Dmitri, from the Twilight movie franchise
- Lindsay Mckeon – Tessa the Reaper from the hit TV series, Supernatural
- Karen Fukuhara – Katana of the Suicide Squad
- Stefan Capicic – Colossus in the Deadpool Movie
- Cas Anvar – the voice of Altair in Assassins Creed:Revelations
- Kevin McNally – Joshamee Gibbs in all 5 Pirate of the Caribbean movies
I’m sure you all love to visit the biggest exhibits that this year’s highlights:
- Japan’s top toy brand, Kotobukiya, displays its latest line of Marvel, Star Wars and DC figurines along with the launch of the Frame Arms Girl Anime and merchandise.
Warner Brothers features its movie exhibit of its upcoming line of hit movies, IT, Ninjago, Justice League and the original movie prop doll of the horror cult classic, Annabelle.
- Mars Ravelo’s Superheroes are featured in their classic art and comic form courtesy of the Mars Ravelo Estate and ABS CBN Licensing.
The TOYCON Toy Club Gallery – The biggest toy collectors’ exhibit ever assembled under one roof featuring top toy brands, Kotobukiya, Enesco, Bandai, Hero Cross, Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys and Lego. This exhibit makes ToyCon one of the most photographed events in the country.
- Artists Alley and custom artwork – fans meet their favorite local and international guest artists for custom sketches, signing and art critiquing.
- The biggest dealer floor of around 240 merchants of various pop-culture merchandise, comics, accessories, cosplay merchandise, toys and collectibles
Other event highlights include:
- The grand finals of the World Cosplay Summit Philippine Championship and our very own TOYCON Cosplay Competition
- The awarding of the very first Pinoy Pop Culture Awards
- Musical performances by British electronic duo, Addictive TV and top local bands
- ToyClicks toy photography competition and the Toy Customization contest
WHAT NEW FOR THIS YEAR’S CONVENTION?
Pop Life Entertainment brings your ideas to life in the Creator Stage! All digital content creators and online celebrity aspirants can make their mark on the digital stage by creating their own content right at the Pop Life Creator Stage at the 2nd level of the SMX Convention Center. Share your genius and get a chance to be part of a global leader in multi-channel networks, Pro Am Studio! Enjoy a brand new set of toys in a whole new playground as the TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE happens on June 30 to July 2, 2017 SMX Convention Center Manila Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City The event is organized by the Asian Comics, Toys & Hobbies Collective Inc. and Pop Life Entertainment
and co-presented by GLOBE. With sponsors MaxiCollector, Arigatoys, the Gaming Library, Warner Brothers Pictures, Bankee, Toy Empire, Ano Toys, Great Toys Online, Hygienix, Bully Boys Collectibles, Big Boys Toystore, Hubbyte, Kramer Toy Warden, Devant, Mogu-Mogu, and Bruder Toys.
With media partners, ABS-CBN, History Channel, Psicom, Manilascape, PBNet and Retro 105.9 DCG FM.
Everything about ToyconPH is posted on their official website – www.toyconph.com
Like and Follow their Facebook page to receive live updates – www.facebook.com/ToyConPh
Tickets are available online at SMTickets.com (It’s Php 500 per day/ Php 1,200 for 3 day pass, you can buy VIP tickets/bundle just go to ToyconPH website for more information).
Tickets will be available at the event gate but I suggest you purchase your tickets in advance because lines will be crazy (as always!!!) and you don’t want to miss each parts of the event!
Some photos during the Press Media Launch courtesy of my blogger kumpare Jeff, you may also visit his blog post:
Get Ready for the Most Awaited Toycon PopLife FanX 2017
Another friend of mine, Emer posted about the launch,
TOYCON PHILIPPINES + POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE: A WINNING COMBINATION!